On Jan 25, 2011, at 11:34 AM, Bhairitu wrote:

> Roger Ebert has
> commented before on his disdain for 3D but this article has a letter
> from award winning editor Walter Murch on 3D pretty much nailing the
> problem with 3D.  I predict it will go away just as it did in the 1950s
> and remain only for an occasion "road show" feature.  BTW, 3D TVs aren't
> selling either no matter how hard they push them.  People are saying "I
> just bought a new TV a couple years ago and 3D gives me a headache."
>
> http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2011/01/post_4.html

This article nails not only 3-D but special effects as well
as wide-screen TVs in general~~they send confusing
signals.  My eyes get exhausted flitting around trying to
take in everything on a super wide-screen TV.  I'd maybe
feel differently if I'd grown up with them, but I didn't.

And SEs I feel have their place but seem to be often
used more to mask thow-away plots along with bad acting.

Sal