--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ravi Yogi" <raviyogi@...> wrote:

> Agreed - But IMHO great effort is needed to realize the futility of the goal,
> to be effortless and utterly relaxed. Otherwise we could end being a
> Neo-Advaitin who philosophize that nothing needs to be done.

* * * Yes, although I would perhaps say great *attention* or *clarity* or
*devotion* or *practice* rather than great effort, as the word *effort* is so
easily misconstrued into an egoic striving, which actually takes us further
from the goal, if that is possible... And even that hypothetical Neo-Advaitin
if he has any integrity or self-awareness will realize that he has *not*
actually surrendered via his merely intellectual realization, as his judgments
and sufferings and demonizations will continue to plague him, if he has not
completed the Great Work into utter resistance-free effortlessness :-)