--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "yifuxero" <yifuxero@...> wrote:

> Rory, you're a Neo-Advaitin flip-flopper. There are 4 choices, if goal is
> placed along with the model (goal goes along with effort, sometimes at least)
> a. involves a goal with effort
> b. doesn't need a goal and is effortless
> c. somehow involves both a non-goal and a goal; along with effort and
> non-effort.
> d. involves effort in terms of practice, (a minimal amount, agreed); but
> without a goal.

* * * How about, "none of the above"? You appear to be trying to use your
intellect to make distinctions and thereby carve out The Truth. Ultimately it
can't be done; the intellect is the wrong "tool" for That. It's too crude to
"grasp" the Self, as the Self is subtler than the intellect; is "behind" the
intellect. Only the Self remembers and surrenders into the Self; the intellect
has to come to see it is not capable of doing the job. The intellect is dual;
the truth is not.  The intellect believes itself to be bound by space and time,
and believes itself to be on a path to somewhere; the truth does not. The
intellect is all about cause and effect -- all about Doing, while the truth is
all about simply Being. Truth is paradoxical; it's not an either-or
proposition.

> Your ans uses the word "practice". That involves effort (usually), in the
> real world, at least taking the time to medidate on a regular basis.
> "No practice" exceptions are rare.
> Of course, one can practice without a goal, but some effort goes along with
> practice.
> http://www.fantasygallery.net/stone/art_5_Lavendar-Fairy-and-Dragon.html

Yes; I probably should have just used the word "Time" or "Grace" or
"Attention-flow". Really; it is the latter: Simply simple Attention-flow, from
the Self to the Self.