On Jan 29, 2011, at 5:56 AM, blusc0ut wrote:

>> Since even in Sri Vidya and other Hindu anuttara-tantra level sadhanas we
>> result in a tantric-level ceasing of the mayaic form-body, you could easily
>> say they not only failed to realize maha-sandhi levels of realization, they
>> also missed the annutara Hindu level (such adepts are often described as
>> simply "disappearing").
>
> You mean like Ramalinga Swami of Vadalur, a place closeby Pondicherry? Well,
> according to both of them, this was not their goal, nor yogic siddhis. There
> is a two volume book by a disciple of the Mother, comparing Ramalinga with
> their yoga, and letters and interchange between him and the Mother.

I don't believe it's a goal, it's a side-effect of their practice. Full
realization often means transference to a heaven dimension first. Not all make
that transition by physically dying, like the Vedantic videha-muktis.

In the sutra system of the awakening school we acquire a subtle and highly
refined body of light by virtue of our rebirth in the Akanistha realm. In such
a perfect environment, we can purify all conscious and sub-conscious
obscurations and attain perfect realization.

At the level of annutara realization however, it is not necessary to be reborn
first in the Akanistha dimension to obtain a subtle body of light. We instead
create and perfect a very refined Illusion Body by way of a union of subtle
prana and mind. And then we transfer consciousness to the Illusory body,
attaining perfect enlightenment. At that moment the physical body, as a result
of transference, can cease to appear physically. Around advanced yogis, this is
often noticeable to students, as they'll become physically transparent at
various times.