--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shainm307" <shainm307@...> wrote:

> My dad and I were talking and I told him that according to maharishi and
> another book I read: when you are elightened you always follow the will of
> God.  But he said that God is everything therefor the will of God is
> everything.  It seems like something is missing from his understanding. Does
> anyone have a comment on this?

I remember Maharishi discussing free will and determinism. Before
enlightenment, the doer of action, the small self does not have free will. One
is just a football kicked around on the field of life.  After enlightenment
there is only, "Thy will be done." Therefore, the will of God is everything. As
an instrument of God's will, one lives in the will of God. It's not a matter of
deciding to "surrender" to the will of God. It's a matter of Grace born of
devotion.