Interesting - I like both of those definitions, although they both involve
conscious action on the part of the doer.

I was seeing pragnyaparadh as one of those "Gee I never thought of that" type
of things, unconscious behavior to blame the 'outside'. A truer mistake, if you
will, than consciously BSing oneself.

The reason being, I can't conceive of willfully doing something to hurt myself,
so I have to conclude someone acting in that way would be virtually asleep -
not much awareness.