--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <wayback71@> wrote:
> Whoever wrote that speech did a fine job. Did you see the movie?
> >
> I did see the movie.  And I think the problem for me was that it came
> with such high expectations.  I heard such good things about it, and
> although  I found it to be enjoyable, I also found it rather dull.  Two
> hours about a "stammer".

My hope is that The Social Network wins the Oscar for best film - a real
achievement to make a film about the internet so engrossing.  From the opening
scene I felt as if I could not leave the world of that movie - it sucks you in.
But I think Colin Firth deserves Best Actor.  I  found it difficult to listen
to him struggle so for the 2 hours of the film. A hard role to do well enough
that people will stay put and listen and watch as you try to speak. The movie
had a very slow pace.  But I enjoyed the inside view of royal life during that
time and his relationship with his therapist.

 I also found the audience response to be