On Feb 1, 2011, at 4:14 AM, turquoiseb wrote:

Think about it. Pretty much the *only* things she's
ever done in terms of actual hands-on spiritual
practice is to meditate regularly and watch a few
videotapes. She's spent (as far as I can tell) only
one short period of her life "rounding." She never
became a TM teacher, and most tellingly, the person
who considers herself qualified to speak authori-
tatively about Maharishi and "what he taught" never
was even in the same room with him. She's never been
(again, as far as I can tell) in the same room with
ANY guru or spiritual teacher. Her relationship *with*
spiritual teachers is exactly the same as what you
suggest about her relationship with the movies she
offers opinions on, never having seen them. It's all
fantasy, all in her head. And the clincher is that
she feels that that is *enough* to pose as an
authority about them.

I'm really not sure which came first, the choice of
profession as a petty tyrant who gets to impose her
opinions on others (that is, being an editor) or the
desire to impose her laughable "authority" on others,
which led her to become an editor. It's a real chicken-
and-egg situation. But again, I think it's worth
pointing out that *even within the realm of her
supposed experience* (editing, and the supposed
mastery of words), she's a really shitty writer. What
else can you call someone who has to spend a quarter
of her posts every week trying to claim that others
"misunderstood" or "misrepresented" what she wrote
and having to re-write it? A real writer just writes
and allows the writing to stand on its own, like
azgrey did. His brilliant insight stands on its own,
accurate and self-contained. Judy would require 10
posts and double that number of insults to not
make her point even a fraction as well.

In my new book, The Quasi-Transcendental Hermeneutics of Judith Stein for Dummies, we discuss this on pages 1837-1985.