On Feb 15, 2011, at 3:11 PM, WillyTex wrote:

> Maybe you need a running commentary, but the Gita is
> dirt-simple: actions have consequences. Almost anyone
> can understand that. The question is: is there a
> mental component to karmic acts or is karma concerned
> with just physical acts?

You're referring to Gita 1-6. The actual B. Gita has 18 chapters. Karma is just
the first 6.

I have to wonder if any religious text which uses violence as a major theme,
without deliberate interiorization (e.g. inner kalachakra, ego-slaying, burning
of samskaras, etc.), should be deemed unsuitable for human consumption.