--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

> > My position is that "what you were told to do"
> > by TM teachers was for one reason and one reason
> > only -- to keep people from talking about or
> > writing down their mantras to share them with
> > others. Because if they did, everyone would
> > figure out very quickly that everyone in the
> > same age group has the same mantra. In other
> > words, it was a marketing ploy by Maharishi,
> > nothing else.
> >
> > Over the years, people have built this market-
> > ing ploy up into a full-blown superstition,
> > believing that all sorts of Bad Things will
> > happen if they do anything other than what
> > they were told to do.
>
> This seems so utterly absurd.

Translation: I dislike your theory about why Maharishi
told people not to say their mantras out loud so much
that I'm going to delete it. (Restored above.) Besides,
I don't like it because 1) it makes perfect sense, and
2) it makes me look like a fuckin' idiot for believing
for all these years that speaking my mantra aloud would
"weaken" it or cause Bad Things to happen. Stop writing
things that make me realize I've been an idiot...and for
so long. I don't like it. Stop right now, I say.