--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wgm4u" <wgm4u@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> >

> > Iraqi American Filmmaker Beaten in Fairfield, Iowa
> >

> > Police in Iowa are investigating a possible hate crime after an Iraqi
> > American filmmaker was beaten over the weekend at a house party in the town
> > of Fairfield. Usama Alshaibi said four men attacked him after learning his
> > first name was Usama. The attack left him bloodied and bruised. Alshaibi is
> > currently working on a film about discrimination against Arabs in the United
> > States.
>
> Was he beat by Siddhas?

The guy was too drunk to even recall what house he had entered, so at this
point, we don't know who did it. But, I'm pretty sure that the neighborhood in
which it happened is not exactly a Ru-rich environment.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I'm deeply saddened that it
happened at all. On the other hand, the guy was drunk off his ass and entered a
stranger's house, late at night, uninvited, where there was obviously a party
going and very likely other people under the influence of alcohol. WTF did he
expect? C'mon, it's basically a Law of Nature that bad shit is far more likely
to happen to people who drink heavily, are out late at night, or both.