The stresses MMY talks about are akin to the 7 deadly sins which prevent the
serpent fire to rise up the spine. Until a modicum of Self-Control is obtained
the ultimate Reality of life will remain a mystery to you.

Initially we coddle our lower nature, (lust, anger, greed/gluttony) but after
starting TM, these "sleeping elephants" start becoming  a recognizable obstacle
to us on our path, and must be dealt with once and for all, this is ARMAGEDDON!

The Bhagavad Gita is about this Armageddon between the lower nature/vices
(Kurus),  and the higher nature/virtues (Pandavas). Some day we all must fight
this 'war', and some day we all must win it!!   Ohhhh, Enjoy!  (A few things
MMY didn't tell you)!