The epitaph for humanity will be "greed killed the human race."  Having
grown up around Walla Walla, Washington I knew the brother of Ralph
Cordiner who was a one time President or CEO (if they called them that
then) of GE.  After he retired in the 1950s he was brought back in to
run the company after the senior management was indicted on criminal
charges (something we need to be doing more of today).  Cordiner was
also a relative of sorts because my great aunt's sister was married to
him.  I recall hearing a little inside scoop on that story.

Also I've heard the principal stockholder of GE is the Queen of England.