On Mar 27, 2011, at 12:30 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

>> I don't know her, but she kind of seems to have lost
>> her way.  That was easily, IMO, the lowest point of
>> the whole talk.  You'd think anybody with even a
>> shred of self-respect would kind of have some serious
>> qualms about getting up in front of hundreds of
>> people and claiming someone else was nuts.  And also
>> claiming she knew them when she didn't.  Basically,
>> she told a big fat whopper and then based on that
>> whopper, made a casual diagnosis.  And this is the
>> kind of person you run into in the TMO these days.
>> Kinda makes the rajas look almost good by comparison.
>
> Bob's first response is "really?" He seems perfectly willing to entertain the
> idea.  He then catches himself when she wants to continue and says that's
> enough.  But this technique of claiming someone is crazy or fundamentally
> flawed in some way was used by Maharishi as well as his minions.  Her mistake
> is to do it publicly where she could be seen saying it by people not fully in
> on the higher end justifies the means damn the torpedoes, higher purpose.

Yep.  And also I'd forgotten about the
"she's had a disappointing life" slam.
What a shitty thing to say.  Who *hasn't*
had some disappointments along the way?
Wonder what this woman is hiding that
she would attack someone else like that.

> Official for the movement have said all sorts of shit about me to reporters
> without knowing me. Even Clinton used it against Monica.  It is old school ad
> hominem shoot the messenger swift-boating and it is hidden under the
> lipservice of speaking well of others.  Maharishi used to run this when he
> would publicly appear to not be bothered by someone or something and then
> with his closer people engage in a campaign to ruin them.

Well, at least nobody is sleeping with the fishes...yet. :)
Although with the Shrivistavas in charge...

Sal