--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@...>

> I don't know her, but she kind of seems to have lost
>  her way.  That was easily, IMO, the lowest point of
> the whole talk.  You'd think anybody with even a
> shred of self-respect would kind of have some serious
> qualms about getting up in front of hundreds of
> people and claiming someone else was nuts.  And also
> claiming she knew them when she didn't.  Basically,
> she told a big fat whopper and then based on that
> whopper, made a casual diagnosis.  And this is the
> kind of person you run into in the TMO these days.
> Kinda makes the rajas look almost good by comparison.

Bob's first response is "really?" He seems perfectly willing to entertain the
idea.  He then catches himself when she wants to continue and says that's
enough.  But this technique of claiming someone is crazy or fundamentally
flawed in some way was used by Maharishi as well as his minions.  Her mistake
is to do it publicly where she could be seen saying it by people not fully in
on the higher end justifies the means damn the torpedoes, higher purpose.

Officials for the movement have said all sorts of shit about me to reporters
without knowing me.  Even Clinton used it against Monica.  It is old school ad
hominem shoot the messenger swift-boating and it is hidden under the lipservice
of speaking well of others.  Maharishi used to run this when he would publicly
appear to not be bothered by someone or something and then with his closer
people engage in a campaign to ruin them. Or as Judith talks about in her book,
just leave them behind in the next move.

Oh yeah, and I wrote off people who left the movement before I did and willing
believed and passed on the most hateful rumors about them so that their
information would get tainted by the slander.  So even without some cosmic law
metering out karmic justice, sometimes what goes around DOES in fact come
around, so I can only laugh at myself when it happens to me.