On Mar 30, 2011, at 10:57 AM, feste37 wrote:

Agreed. This is not Texas. But I was annoyed the other day to see that the public library in Fairfield now carries a "no guns" sign. The very fact that such a sign is considered necessary (by whom, I wonder?) is a sign of a creeping gun culture in even this little town. Are there really people here who need to be told it's not OK to take a gun into a library?

Many gun rights people believe that almost any restriction on their right to carry is an infringement of their basic rights. Some people would like to be able to carry them anywhere they go.