> > > To God, the 'Unified Field'.
> > >
> > > It's interesting how it has gone, Catholic Father Keating took the ball
> > > and ran with it back in the 1970's and now it has crossed over gone viral
> > > even amongst some Protestants.  It's like basic meditational spirituality
> > > going mainstream in current.
> > >

> > Trending even now by evidence of science, meditation in practice is rising
> > to being taught in Doctor's offices as secular public health policy.
> >

> A lot has happened since Yogananda came to the West in the first half of the
> 20th Century and urged then that the scientific process of research on
> meditation get going from then to show that something real is there in the
> discipline of meditational spirituality.

Yogananda of course had a huge influence from his time in the 20th Century.
The Western transcendentalists were before him in the 19th Century, then
Vivikananda comes, and Yogananda's was the time of the 1920's, 30's and 40's.
Yogananda passing in the 1950's though his 'Autobiography of a Yogi' being
essential spirituality to the 20th Century as a best seller in spiritual books
for the next 50 years even to the present.  Then from the 1950's came Maharishi
and some others, and especially the Dali Lama.  TM being taught to about
one-in-300 Americans during the 1970's and 80's.   About 'a third of a percent'
of Americans then just learning TM meditation.  They and Keating (and Merton)
have all been players in this '10 percent of Americans meditating' number in
the making.