--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rflex@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wgm4u" <wgm4u@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" <emptybill@> wrote:
> > >

> > > Back in 1971 on the Humbolt TTC, MMY insisted that it was our duty to go
> > > and fight if called to join the conflict in Vietnam. A lot of people
> > > dismissed it, attributing this view to his Indian background and the
> > > fact that he was Kshatriya caste. I have since learned that in
> > > "Vedic parlance" the view is that all of the karma of a war goes
> > > to the "king" … in this case to the President and
> > > Congressional "rulers".
> > >
> > > This flatly contradicts Nuremberg principle number IV … that the
> > > conduct of belligerents in battle is ultimately the moral responsibility
> > > of each combatant.
> > >
> > > Principle IV states: "The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of
> > > his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility
> > > under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to
> > > him".
> > >
> > > Many of us knew the gist of this declaration and dismissed MMY'S
> > > advise as "cultural programming".
> > >
> > > Much later, when he condemned the U.S. as a terrorist nation for
> > > pursuing war against al-Qaeda , I realized just how out of touch he
> > > really was. With each increasing bizarre pronouncement, his personal
> > > view became a parody of rationality and even more easily dismissed.
> > >
> > > In the end, he sounded like a shrill old man pissing into the wind,
> > > cursing everyone because they didn't give a hoot about what the
> > > said. Such is old age.
> >

> > "Somewhere along the line MMY took a left turn", Charlie Lutes (paraphrased)
> >

> That quote from Charlie included [Maharishi took a left turn] "away from God."

He (Maharishi) might have felt 'stuck' in his role as 'Maharishi'...

Since he did consider himself to be in another 'class' of
teachere's...especially after the experience of 1968, and the music world-wide
music scene...
In a way, for a personality that taught about 'Bliss' so often, I think he
began to take life too 'seriously'...

Then, after leaving the ranks of the celibate, to have relationships, found him
to be confined again to the role of 'Maharishi', when he began to feel he had
to hide, 'certain' parts of his personality..

Then after being confined to celebacy once again, perhaps, took this
frustration into the field of buying and selling and creating 'empires' and
'castles' in the air...

Then after the 'hit' on him, when someone attemted to poison him,
he retreated from the world to Holland, where he could feel 'safe'...

Then in order for the movement to shift into a lower 'key'...
In order to be 'left' alone by anyone who would want to harm him, again...
He began to restrict the movement to only people whom he felt safe with...
Types like Bevan and John and the Raja's and Ragina's...

So, there ya' go...

R.