--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" <steve.sundur@...>
wrote:

> I don't look for "experiences".  If I feel I might be having an
> experience I try to look the other way.  Somewhere along the way I
took
> a mental stand against "mood making".  I have observed that to be a
> major deterrent on the path to spiritual growth.

Why did you take a mental stand against experiences - isn't that a
resistance? I wouldn't call it "mood making" but "mood happening". The
"mood happening" happens to me everyday. I love the label bipolar or
manic depressive since it expresses the states I feel so beautifully.
The manic states captures the beauty and the bliss of the oneness you
feel with the existence, that you are taken care of, that though you may
be a speck of dust in the existence the existence is somehow incomplete
without you, that you are not a thing of utility, you need not be a
millionaire with a million dollar wife and million dollar kids, that you
don't need any reason to be just in joy, bliss and beauty, that the
existence is my beloved and I'm in an orgasm with it - no wonder sex has
no more the "charm" it once had, it just pales in comparison. The
depressive state captures the incredible pain, melancholy, sorrow you
feel as if you are the container of all the negativities as well. Both
these states capture the essence so beautifully and you are just a mere
witness to all of it.