Can anyone in the room recommend shareware I
can use to manipulate PDFs and JPEGs?

For example, I'd like to create multi-page PDFs
from individual PDFs and JPEGs of my work. I'd
also like to take high-resolution PDFs -- fat
files of around one meg -- and rez them down
to something that downloads faster.

My designer is all set to give me copies of his
Adobe products, but I'd just as soon stay legal.
Karma, you know -- this is for my portfolio.

If you'd like to reply off-list to keep the clutter
down, I'm sure everyone will appreciate it.

Thank you kindly!

 - Patrick Gillam