----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 4:18 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Please recommend software

Can anyone in the room recommend shareware I
can use to manipulate PDFs and JPEGs?

-----A simple program is ACDSee, or Compupic, also Picaview32. The latter is coool because it works in Windows from the right click, and has a convert option. So you can right click set the program options and it will convert right then. I think it can batch convert as well.

For example, I'd like to create multi-page PDFs
from individual PDFs and JPEGs of my work. I'd
also like to take high-resolution PDFs -- fat
files of around one meg -- and rez them down
to something that downloads faster.

----If you have a Pro copy of Adobe Acrobat then you can save as, and choose - jpegs. It will strip the jpegs from your pdf and then you can work with them and then place them in new documents.

My designer is all set to give me copies of his
Adobe products, but I'd just as soon stay legal.
Karma, you know -- this is for my portfolio.

----Fuck staying legal. Software is the only product on earth sold with bugs and intended to be upgraded almost instantly after a previous release.  For instance Windows XP wasn't wortha single dime until they released the service pack number two which closed loopholes which let even ones grandmother surf their hardrive from a distance. Fuck paying for that shit.  Now? Maybe. then. Now way.

On the other hand Adobe Photoshop is the best app ever made for the computer and well worth the designer's asking price, but who would know unless you had a try before you buy option?  On that note, you can download just about anything, and in the one day you might need it complete whatever you set about doing then either uninstall and use another similar tryware program, or buy the fucking thing.

If you'd like to reply off-list to keep the clutter
down, I'm sure everyone will appreciate it.

----Please!

Thank you kindly!

-----Ciao Bella!

- Patrick Gillam