> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Llundrub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Rindy Schwartz?
> >

> > ----The whole problem is that in the TMO where most of the
powerful
> figures are male and where women are accorded no respect, who
amongst
> them is going to believe anything any woman says?
>
> I've got alot of complaints about the TMO but no where and at no
time
> did I ever have the impression that either MMY or the TMO ever
> accorded women "no respect"; indeed, I would say that, between the
> sexes, preferential treatment and respect were given women...both in
> practise and in the teaching.

Ain't no lady Rajas...

If you look at the photos of the recent Raja
coronation ceremony (somebody posted a link a
couple weeks ago), many of them are pictured
side-by-side with their wives, but the captions
read "Raja So-and-So of Wherever"; the women
aren't mentioned, as if they didn't exist.

(Actually at first the captions said, "Raja So-and-
So and Wife," but apparently somebody felt that
gave a little too much recognition to the women,
so the "and Wife" was subsequently removed from
the captions.)

The "respect" is more like lip service, as someone
here observed a while back, at least in terms of
women having any voice in running the movement at
the top levels.