--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >  - Patrick Gillam wrote
> >
> >  > Unity tries to live in us each day.
> >
> > Jeff Fischer wrote:
> >
> > Isn't Unity what we are, rather than something that "lives in
us?"
> > Isn't that what we're trying to "realize?"
>
> To the ignorant, unity is something trying to get out,
> to make itself known, to stop being ignored.
>
> Twinges of conscience are instances where I've acted
> as if I'm alone, separate from others, and hence
> separate from their pain. But the pain leaks through,
> and I feel it.
>
>  - Patrick Gillam

No problem- once a unified life is lived, our tendency to act as if
alone drastically diminishes, in part becuase the seperation between
us and others is not the dominant perception.

Differences are there but they function more as differentiation for
normal daily activity (e.g.the red traffic light means stop vs the
green light means go) vs something for the ego (small self) to
involve itself with. There is no further thought of differences once
they have been interacted with in order to carry on daily life.
Things are as they are- no more and no less.

That pain leaking through is just built up impressions of
separation, which dissolves quickly once a unified life is lived.
Often the pain purges itself from the body; crying, vomiting, etc.,
when union is close at hand. Memories of pain can be felt, but there
is no more karma of separation actively generated.