--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "PaliGap" <compost1uk@...> wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> >..Atheists have no "I told you so" fantasies.  There will be no "in your
> >face believers" for us.  There will just be the same non existence that
> >existed for us before our birth about which Mark Twain wryly wrote that he
> >didn't exist for millions of years before his birth and it didn't bother him
> >at all!

Could there be degrees of non-existence? I mean, if we are
to believe the Big Bang egg-heads, Time itself was created 13
odd billion years or so ago. That suggests a four stage taxonomy
of non-being for each of us:

* The Big Nada: Our non-existence before Time existed
* The Little Nada: Our non-existence in Time, but before
our birth.
* The Lesser Zilch: The aeons of our non-being stretching ahead
* The Greater Zilch: our non-being after Time ends.

It's funny to think that "non being" could be differentiated.
But then they say that that funny quantum vacuum thing is
a not-nothing *thing* of emptiness and non-being (roughly ;-) ),
don't they?