--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> Uh, guys, you're *assuming* he's going to reason this
> way.

No I was observing how he already reasoned when he went from one instance and
tried to connect it to a universal principle that would apply in a completely
different instance.  It was a simple induction, but that unfortunately is a
fallacious form or reasoning.

 You protect that assumption from challenge if you
> stop paying attention now. I predict he has a few more
> things up his sleeve that you wouldn't be able to
> dismiss quite so arrogantly when he gets to the second
> premise.

There was nothing arrogant in noticing inductive reasoning. I was stating a
fact with no commentary.

> I don't think either of you has the guts to stick with
> it and find out.

Unnecessarily pugnacious interjection.  I don't know what "guts" it takes to
follow an online discussion but I have a pretty good track record with
following them here.