On 05/10/2011 10:15 AM, PaliGap wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu<noozguru@...>  wrote:
>> YouTube just launched their movie service which lots of movies to watch
>> including some released the same day on DVD.  Not sure if it is US only
>> or not and if titles are also available in HD:
>> http://www.youtube.com/movies
>>
> Yep, I can get that in the UK. Maybe I'll by the dongle now
> for my Samsung TV that supports YouTube.

The YouTube app would probably need an update.  I have YouTube on my
Samsung BD player and it still just streams the lowest 240p resolution.
So that app would need an update but when Netflix updated their app last
fall Samsung broke it and it took months for them to get it fixed.
Needless to say I'm not impressed with Samsung engineering.  OTOH, the
Vimeo streams HD beautifully.

Typical of the "lemon stand" I call Google (i.e. kids running a
business) there's no information at least obvious about HD streaming but
I also read that movies streamed to Android tablets with 3.1 will have
HD streams on YouTube.  Reason I wondered is $3.99 is pretty cheap as
other services charge more for HD.  This business model is like Vudu,
CinemaNow and other streaming services, PPV where you have a 24 hour
window to watch the film.  Netflix you can pick up the watching the film
whenever, no windows unless the licensee pulls the title which they do
sometimes.

This also comes as AT&T is implementing it's caps pissed that people
aren't buying its high profit U-Verse and watching Internet streams
instead.  Some of us are calling for people to organize and complain to
their city councils because AT&T and Comcast are "franchised" by the
city to use the utility poles and probably the undergound too.  Get your
city to at least threaten to implement a third open fiber system open
these companies competition thus driving the fees down and the speed up.