--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_reply@...> wrote:

> The recent prediction by Pyramid Research that Windows
> Phone would become the dominant mobile OS in just four
> years surprised many industry watchers, several of whom
> argued with the forecast. In a new analyst note, the
> research firm explains its prognostication.
>
> Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-20061820-75.html#ixzz1MDUXpE4Z

I don't believe any articles whose source is a
tech "research firm" any more. The reason is that
many of their articles and much of their "research
findings" are bought and paid for by someone trying
to either sell their product or diss another company's
product.

To wit, the big scandal in the tech world right now
involves Facebook hiring a PR firm to create *exactly*
this kind of "spin reporting" about Google. We know
about this one only because one of the writers who
was approached by the PR firm to write negative
articles about Google asked who was asking him to
do this, and when the PR firm refused to tell him,
found out for himself. Ooops, big PR nightmare for
Facebook.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/12/facebook-google-pr_n_861165.html

What I'm suggesting is that Pyramid Research's
opinion about this may be their legitimate opinion,
or it might be an opinion that was bought and paid
for by Microsoft. Chances are you'll never know.