--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "martyboi" <martyboi@...> wrote:

> On another note, when I go to my local AOL meetings, most of the people, who
> happen to be Indian, appear to work for Google.
>
> So conversations often go like: "SSRS is just the greatest!" "I plan on
> retiring to the Ashram in a few years...when I'm thirty."

You can ignore that kind of crap.  Most Indians in the US are highly
materialistic, it's just that pretend humility crap that they pull on. Most
just need reassurance from the Gurus and want to maintain good Karma points and
that they will continue to make the 6 figure salary, that their million dollar
house will not foreclose, their kids will have Ivy league education and
Bollywood style marriages. There are very few genuinely interested in
self-realization. They get shocked by someone who refuses to play the false
humility card.