> > > In any case, nobody has suggested returning to the
> > > 1967 borders as a solution. That's just a blatant,
> > > deliberate falsehood.
> > >
> > "President Obama was right to stick by his call for
> > Israel's 1967 boundaries as a starting point for peace
> > negotiations with the Palestinians..."

authfriend:
> That's right, as a *starting point*, not a solution.
> So if you knew that, why did you lie about it?

No, it's a solution proposed by your Dem President, and
I think you knew that.

But, there is no way you can make Gaza contiguous with
the West Bank. And, no way Israel is going to give back
the Golan Heights to Syria, and no way the Israelis are
going to give up visiting the Western Wall in Jerusalem.

So, as a starter it's really and non-solution. The first
thing that has to happen is Hamas is going to have to
recognize the state of Israel, otherwise there will be
only one terrorist state - Gaza - no Israel.

"There has been an understanding for years that what was
to be negotiated was a treaty based on the '67 borders
with [land] swaps," said Rabbi Marc Schneier, president
of the New York-based Foundation for Ethnic Understanding.
"So I wasn't surprised by his statement, though he is the
first U.S. president to spell it out..."

Los Angeles Times:
http://tinyurl.com/3dkaq59