-- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" <emptybill@...> wrote:

> You're right. My mis-apprehension.

Little passive aggressive start, let's see where this leads...

> There is nothing about you that makes you what you are.
> You are not even tabula-rasa.

I get it you are pissed.

<Pretension is just a word.>

With a specific meaning.  I was applying it to religious systems that claimed
knowledge about what happens after we die, and you were applying it to me.

> Your belief that my statement was about just you is your own
> mis-apprehension.

Let's see if you are being honest here.  Here is what you wrote:

<"emptybill" emptybill@> wrote:

It would be more helpful if you would hold your own pretensions
>in "equal contempt".>

You see the tip off that you were applying it to me would be the use of "your"
which was directed at me.  I know it is just a word and all but it means that
it was not my "mis-apprehension".  So you took a shot at me, why all the
bullshit?

<In reality/unreality it is just raw emotion
> without an owner. There is nothing to know.>

Lemme guess.  You have passed this off as deep in the past.  So you took a
shot, I called you on it, you tried some monastic BS that unfortunately was
exactly what you were doing yourself, and now you are taking the
anit-intellectual, not owning your own shit, cop-out of trying to pass off
nonsense as insight.  I'm getting the picture.  Let's see how long it takes for
another round of poopy-pants to emerge out of this "raw emotion without an
owner".

> Death is the end of you, so do whatever now.>

Uh, hate to break it to you but...oh never mind.  Let's just say I am not some
unique case among humanity.

< It is already too late.
> You're already a dead man walking.>

So you decided to go creepy to see if that works huh?  Listen Edgar, next time
you set up your absinthe, with the little silver sugar holder on top, and you
set it on fire so it can drop into your green liqueur, when you take your first
sip allowing the anise flavor to slide over your tongue, think about this.  You
paid double for the cheaper version of Pernod and bought into all the fantasy
trappings to distract you from that fact.

This all started because I said I have contempt for systems of ideas that claim
to have knowledge they cannot.  I labeled it a pretension.  You somehow decided
that rather than discuss ideas, you would try pointing the word at me with a
cryptic line.  I called you out on it to tell me what I said that displayed
pretension.  You responded with nonsense you claimed was "monastic".  That
predictably didn't fly too far since you were doing exactly what you were
accusing me of.

So here we are with your Poe-esque pronouncements on my unique mortality and
pseudo-ominous warnings about it "being too late".

You aren't dealing with me straight.  You seem miffed about my lack of buying
into beliefs that you value.  I get that.  But how about constructing some
mature intellectual boundaries so you can discuss these ideas without trying to
make it about me being a "dead man walking".  If you believe you know with
certainty that you are going to have a glorious afterlife including some
version of consciousness after your body rots away, good for you.  I am
addressing my points to the system of beliefs.  If you have some insight on
something I have missed, bring it on.  But don't try to run a bunch of
half-baked mystic crap on this old dog.  I was born at night...(shit I already
used that one!) Uh...oh I've got it...this ain't my first rodeo cowboy!  That's
the ticket.

> "We are of Peace".>

Really, you are gunna try to run the old smiley face at the end to try to
offset the personal ill-will toward me?  Not only are you not "of Peace", you
purposely turned a philosophical discussion of ideas into a version of "you are
a poopy pants".

Let me return your Jedi mind trick favor.  Maybe you should ask yourself why
you feel hostile to a person who in your beliefs will not spend eternity
enjoying whatever it is that you think you are going to enjoy.  Where is your
compassion for your brother?

If I could vote on reality, I would choose that all of us would enjoy a
wonderful afterlife skipping through fields of flowers like Dorthy and the Tin
Man in the poppies of OZ.  But I don't get to vote on reality.  I'm just doing
my best to understand what version of reality seems most true to me.  So give
your fellow pilgrim a break and knock off all the vague ominous ill-will.

As an expression of peace I give you the ONLY song of Bruce Springsteen I like.
(Sorry New Jersey but I hate anthem rock.)  When I play this song tears stream
down my face,it is so fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsfI6DlfjCM