--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ravi Yogi" <raviyogi@...> wrote:

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" emptybill@ wrote:
> > >

> > > It would be more helpful if you would hold your own pretensions in
> > > "equal contempt".
> >
> > So are you going to list what you think they are or should I put this
> in my "you are a poopy pants" file?
> >

> I'll take a stab at it, you are like a kitty with a ball of yarn - it's
> very cute, the writing is awesome, but you spin quite a yarn and end up
> going nowhere. Thanks for the entertainment though..:-)

But I still don't get "pretensions" out of that.

Glad you enjoy anything I write on any level Ravi, back atcha with your own
creative work here.

But I'm no cute kitty.  I am going exactly where I am trying to get to here.
But since I am ending up with a claim of NOT knowing, and not buying that
others DO know about matters after death, I can see why that seems
unsatisfactory.  But for me it is.

Like Camus suggests, I balance myself at the edge of the void of the absurdity
of life.  And then choose to create my own meaning for my existence out of
that.  I'm just not accepting any belief package plans. Even if they promise me
eternity.  Eternity is just too long.

Can you imagine the nagging that we would endure if we do end up with the 72
virgins? 72 versions of how you should improve yourself with all of eternity to
implement their plans! I can't imagine any version of eternity that doesn't
feel like the last hour of any movie where all the actors are in French court
period costumes.