--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<snip>
> > > So - if you support the Iraq War you might be gay, but you will
> > > like your SUV. Sure, did the funding come from Soros?
> > >
> > > (For the sarcasm impaired - that's sarcasm)
> >
> > I get that the bit about Soros is sarcasm, but
> > is your notion of what the study found sarcasm
> > too?  Because it isn't what the article says at
> > all.
>
> What little I know about statistics says that correlation doesn't
> prove causal connection. I understand what Willer  did, but why did
> he do it?

To see whether people's attitudes tend to
change when they're made to feel insecure
about their sexuality, in the direction of
stronger identification with gender
stereotypes?

The interesting thing to me is that *women's*
attitudes weren't correlated to whatever
femininity scores they were given.

(As I read it, the subjects weren't made to
feel insecure about their sexuality as in
sexual preference, but in the more general
sense of "manly" or "womanly.")

I didn't get the sense that Willer drew any
causal conclusions, BTW.  My subject line
was a bit of hyperbole to attract attention;
sorry if it colored your reading of the
article.