I guess what I want to say is that from my point of view in enlightenment
the question of what happens to the body(subtle/gross) becomes irrelevant b/c
the SELF no longer experiences itself as being bounded i.e having a
body.OTOH,after enlightenment, the SELF continues to have an experience of
apparent boundaries( the physical body and the world etc)while no longer
identifying with them or experiencing them as fundamentally real. I think
Maharishi's statement" when your mind becomes THE MIND then your body is EVERY
BODY" may be related to the question of what happens to the subtle bodies after
physical death in enlightenment.My guess is that SELF is never devoid of the
experience of boundaries since(IMO) the ultimate nature of REALITY is both pure
unbounded awareness and the apparent objects of that awareness

I also think that this is a very deep question to which I doubt there is an
answer which will be intellectually satisfying .

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Yifu" <yifuxero@...> wrote:

> Right, that's what the string addresses: the apparent boundaries/forms,
> individual beings. It's obvious only the Self exists on the level of the
> Self; but the Self is only able to write with apparent organs of actions. The
> string addressed the organs of action, not the eternality of the Self. That's
> obvious, isn't it?
> Concerning your statement "All that happens with E. is that the Self stops
> idenitfying Itself with boundaries..."...Again, everybody knows this, or
> should.  What is addressed is the apparent container, the bodies, in
> themselves, relatively and conventionally speaking, not the eternality of the
> Self: do the subtle bodies continue or not?
> The Zen death you mention is the death of ontological attachment on the level
> of the Self, not the continued existence of apparent containers, the bodies.
> You're conflating two different questions.
> In any event, Shankara provides us with an answer in his Commentaries on the
> Brahma Sutras. Refer to post #277826. However, I don't pay a lot of attention
> to "authorities" unless there's some corroborating evidence.
> Thx.
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shanti2218411" <kc21d@> wrote:
> >
> >       IMHO, their never is a"drop"separate from the ocean(SELF).
> > The"drop " never has an actual existence.It is only the result of
> > the eternal SELF's creation of apparent boundaries/forms i.e.individual
> > beings.The SELF who is writing all the posts on this forum is the same SELF
> > that exists after the apparent beings who wrote these posts are no longer
> > manifest.All that happens with enlightenment is that the SELF stops
> > identifying ITSELF with boundaries and has re-cognized ITSELF as
> > unbounded/infinite.
> > It seems very unlikely that this recognition would mean that the SELF would
> > stop the creative process of manifestation which I suspect is also
> > eternal.IOW we are much much more that the skin encapsulated
> > ego we take are SELF to be.
> >
> > In Zen they say" if you die before you die then you don't die when you die"
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
> > <anartaxius@> wrote:
> > >
> > > What we need here on this forum is a post from someone who has died and
> > > not lived to tell about it.
> > >
> > > If the drop becomes the ocean, the drop is no more as a drop, it is
> > > completely recycled and uniformly distributed in the ocean, if we take
> > > the analogy a bit further. The specific individuality of the drop is
> > > gone. Try and reassemble it again.
> > >
> > > If you want to be immortal and retain individuality as a function of time
> > > and space, I suggest endless life as a cockroach. Fear of death leads to
> > > endless speculation. Life and death are pairs of opposites, one cannot
> > > exist without the other, one is the negation of the other; they do not
> > > exist simultaneously in the same place. The desire to have death be life
> > > is misplaced. Leave them behind.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: