Some Nath-s and most Aghori-s claim their vibhuti is left over from
charnel fires but that is just b.s.  Charnel "ashes" come from
the wood used as combustion for burning. The bodies themselves do not
produce ashes.

Since I had my wife's body cremated and have examined the residues
(burned at 17oo degrees), I actually know this directly. These residues
are totally sterile as one would expect and gem-like in quality
throughout much of it. If you've seen the traveling Tibetan
sharira-s you know what it looks like.

The prohibitory value which Nath and Aghori-s both like about the
cremation process only adheres to the so-called polluting nature of
funeral rites in Indian culture.

This is more important for aghori-s since their way is especially based
upon nivritti – not only reversal but also opposition to the usual
world-absorbed states of mind. In the end it is only a set of cultural
definitions and is only operative for eleven days,unless you're an
aghori, which you've never claimed anyway.

I'm no aghori but I do appreciate their view. I know in truth that
I'm just another dead man walking.

Welcome to the bone yard.

That'll be $49.95.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> On May 25, 2011, at 10:04 PM, emptybill wrote:
>
> > I'm selling the idea as a genuine return to an "old world charm" for
imported nath-yogis, which V claims to be.