--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Gimbel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- Well, maybe it's just that Maharishi seems to like to put all of
> the emphasis on one thing at a time.

I'd phrase it differently.  He likes to focus his students'
attention on one thing at a time.  He uses the Next Big
Thing to inspire hope in those who are on the verge of
losing it and keep them around in the movement and
contributing money.

> In the beginning, it was just do TM; then it was take SCI, and be a
> teacher; then it was do the siddhis, then it was do the siddhis in
> the dome, then it was Ayurveda, and Jyotish, and now it's palaces,
> rajas, vyastu achetechure, and so on...
>
> But the whole thing is still based in the unmanifest, according to
> Maharishi's teaching: everything comes out of the unmanimest field
> of pure consciousness;

Only in the sense that creation is so based.

> So, it's still TM that will get you there, to pure consciousness;
> All of the rest are just branches of the tree, expressions of pure
> consciousness.

That really ISN'T the message, if you're paying attenton.
Where is the emphasis on teaching people to *contact*
this pure consciousness?  How many people worldwide
actually started TM in the last year or so?  My bet is that
the total number (other than schools in India where students
are forced to learn TM) is probably about a couple of dozen.

ALL of the emphasis seems to be on the "branches," with
none left for the main trunk, much less the roots.

> Like Shakti Gawain, spoke about in "Creative Visualization" it's
> good to visualize what you want, especially on the level of feeling,
> and leave a space open for it to happen; be open to the possibility
> of it happening.
> Maharishi, has enormous visions of things which he visualizes would
> and could be possible, and he focuses on these one project at a
> time, until he sees how far each new concept goes.

And then he drops each failed project like a hot potato,
keeps all the money and the real estate that was "donated"
for the project, and never mentions it again.  The students
are expected to do the same, and have no memory of any
of the failed projects.  It's pretty astounding how many of
them do exactly that.

> But, it is true, that all of this teaching originated, or was
> revived with Swami Bramananda Saraswati, , alone in the remote
> forest, with no palace, living in the most simple and humble way,;
> so we can assume that the "Capture of the Fort", of pure
> consciousness, is still and always will be of primary relevance..

IS it "true?"  I certainly don't assume that TM originated with
Guru Dev.  I have never seen anything that suggests that
Guru Dev ever taught such a technique as TM.