What "V - We are of Peace" is not telling you is that almost all
Buddhist teachers tell their students not to indulge in disputes with
students or teachers of other traditions of practice or other forms of
meditation, whether Buddhist, Hindu, Christian or other. While they will
do an analysis of another tradition's "tenets" they leave it
at that. They are not called either to proselytize or to attack other
traditions of spiritual practice. They are only called to do their own
sadhana. They also are not called to consort themselves with mere
soi-disants much less be one themselves.

Those that do act that way give a clear sign that they either making it
all up and/or hiding their virulent aggression from their teachers, if
they have any teachers.

In fact most people that hide their behavior in this manner do not
really have a Buddhist spiritual mentor/guru. They go to a few courses
and then declare themselves "Buddhist yogis".

Webinar disciples often do this. I even know a guy who went to one of
the Dalai Lama's U.S. public Kalachakra initiations (abhisheka-s)
and then started calling the Dalai Lama his guru. What a joke that was.
He caught on after a while and stopped saying it.
…………………………………………………………………………………

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "whynotnow7" <whynotnow7@...>
wrote:

> In Vaj's case, he is obviously depressed and in denial about Tibet
being fucked up, so he blames MMY for everything wrong in his life.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 no_reply@ wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "whynotnow7" <whynotnow7@>
wrote:

> > > Vaj's MO is to always keep the focus on Maharishi's relatively
minor failings vs. having us notice the 400 pound gorilla in the room.
OK, Maharishi had girlfriends and did other unethical things. Granted.

> > > On the other hand, THE DALAI LAMA SOLD OUT THE ENTIRE COUNTRY OF
TIBET. First he lost the country to China, then ran away as his
countrymen and fellow monks were systematically tortured, imprisoned,
and slaughtered, on the pretext of "fighting for a free Tibet" (from a
distance, of course). That was over FIFTY YEARS AGO.I don't see Tibet
getting any freer in the meantime, do you? In fact just the reverse. By
continually agitating for rebellion, all the Dalai Lama has done is
bring increasing hardships to his former people and ensure that the
Chinese continue to crack down HARD on the Tibetan region.

> > > From a review of Tim Johnson's new book, Tragedy In Crimson
(Nation Books ISBN1568586019):
> > > "Tibet's exiled leader, the Dalai Lama, is a global moral figure
but with a tragic dimension — he captures worldwide fame and brings
Hollywood figures to his side, but can do little to end six decades of
repression against six million Tibetans living under Chinese rule."

> > > It is clear by now that Tibet will never be free. This is a
monstrous and huge injustice by the Dalai Lama. However if Vaj can
continue to turn our attention away from the millions slaughtered in
Tibet as the result of the DL's misguided intentions and focus instead
on how "TM doesn't work" and "Maharishi charges too much for
meditation", he is accomplishing what he set out to do here on FFL and
other forums. Don't look at poor, miserable, downright fucked Tibet.
Instead focus all that misplaced anger and frustration
on…on…MAHARISHI MAHESH YOGI. Yeah, that's the ticket!

> > > Vaj is a fraud and a liar. The guy never learned, practiced or
taught TM. He has learned though how to build a fantastically
distracting story about Maharishi and TM, attempting to mask Tibet's
destruction as a result of the egomaniacal intentions of his hero, the
Dalai Lama. Sorry Vaj, but WE SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU AND THAT KALI YUGA
"MR. NICE GUY". Oh, and as Maharishi used to say, JAI GURU DEV.

> > That's an interesting analysis.
> > Everyone knows that the 2 most fanatic critics of Maharishi and the
TMO, Turq and Vaj are both so-called Buddhists, which is hardly a
coincidence.