In jyotish I am Pisces, In western I am Aries. Nothing much really going on in
Gemini in either.

I do have a debilitated and combust Mercury in First, conjunct rahu and sun
(though some have said the debilitation is actually a yoga because of this or
that, which flips the debilitation and makes Mercury stronger).  And its in
house of Jupiter, ascendant which makes it stronger.

And some say Mercury has that quality of seeing things from multiple angles.

IF (IF!) there is anything to jyotish -- I view it as a map of karma, if
anything -- it probably makes me a bit quirky (gee, have you noticed, ha). My
bundle of prarabdha karma is what it is. A fun life trip as it unwinds.

Here is some stuff on Jyotish Mercury. I am sure the Confirmation Bias
 Challenged among us (raise your hands, "see almost everyone") will have a
heyday in confirming what they see in me (debilititated vs "in yoga" Mercury).

And Confirmation Bias is fascinating. I have noticed some will pull out the
most vague or insignificant point in a large post and jump up and down
excitedly "See! See! I told you so. This person is JUST like I said he/she
was." One out of 100 points is all they see. And highly prevalent in world. It
can make the work place fascinating.

---------------

"According to Jyotish Shastaras, the planet Mercury is very disciplined and
intelligent. Usually, Mercury behaves in a very mature manner. Many a times, it
behaves like a very rational entity. Mercury by nature is artistic. It's nature
is very receptive, and in most of the cases, cordial. Another interesting part
is that it can be humorous, nervous, kind hearted and rational. Apart from
that, Mercury is really an extrovert (vocal). By personality, Mercury is
receptive and sociable. Not only it is analytical, but also professional in
nature. It has a multi-faceted personality. Thus, this can easily adapt in any
situation whatsoever."

When Mercury is Strong & Positive
On can find a great influence of Budha (Mercury) on the native. Under the good
influence of Mercury, the person becomes highly intelligent, and able to
discharge any given assignment on the fixed time. Under the influence of Budha
a person becomes punctual in approach, and ever attentive.

More so, related to Mercury (Budha), a person also has the chance of receiving
a higher education and the capability to take decisions on his own in a
difficult situation. People favorably influenced by a strong Budha lead a
highly intellectual life.

Mercury also imparts rational thoughts to the native, the person may also
become an expert in his or her field. Persons under the Effect of Mercury
(Budha) enter into all kinds of fields from medicine to sports, from
engineering to teaching. Thanks to Mercury's influence the person develops
leadership qualities too. Once he makes a decision; he does that in a proper
manner.

If the Effect of Mercury is very strong in a person, he/she is able to have a
strong persuasive quality. This is very beneficial in any kind of work. By
nature, under the Effect of Mercury (Budha), he believes in the business
culture. Furthermore, he can take decisions on the spot. Others do not easily
influence him. People in the influence of Mercury are very literary minded by
nature.

He will carry their newness and innovation along with them wherever they go and
surprise everybody with their sharp intellect. He may also try to solve the
disputes of society, wherever he is living under Mercury's influence on the
native. Besides, one can never see him moving around and wasting his time.

When Mercury is weak and afflicted

Under the influence of weak and afflicted Mercury, an individual also becomes
negative. And the negative part of his personality becomes dominant. The person
may be talkative in nature. He might be ill tempered, sarcastic and, in many
cases, never completes his education.
Further, a person born under the weak Effect of Mercury is not rational in his
approach. He develops a lot of problems for himself and for society. He can
become ungrateful and fraudulent. In many cases, the born person under weak
Mercury becomes showy and non-reliable. Sometimes, you can find him intensely
selfish.

Jupiter-Favorably placed

If Jupiter is placed favorably with respect to Mercury, it has many benefic
influences on the person. He will be creative, committed, religious and
mentally balanced. He will be highly educated and might be involved in research
work. Thanks to the benefic effect of mercury, the person will also be
optimistic and well behaved.
A favorably placed Jupiter also makes the person contemplative, sincere and
responsible towards society. Such persons are great assets to society. They are
useful and rational, and do their part in the development of society. Having
association with these people is a matter of pride. The positive effect of
Mercury is greatly enhanced due to Jupiter.

Such people work according to the needs of the hour. They are prudent enough to
take decisions on the spot as and when required. They never keep anything
incomplete or halfway done. They believe in complete perfection. They always
stretch their hands to the needy. They cannot tolerate injustice being done to
any innocent person. They are the people who believe in honesty and integrity.
They are the ones whom you can rely upon.