> The pattern of bird flight is another nice animal trait which you can
> get something from. Eastern scripture talks of the "flight of letters"
> and this is important for yogis for deriving wisdom from their
> practice. But then any movement can tell you something. I know of a
> yogini who could predict local events by the way rocks and boulders
> moved on the river she lived on.

The people in the area I'm living in have a similar relationship
with the winds.  Winds, plural, not wind.  There are many of
them; they all have their own names and their own characteristics.
And they all presage certain events and economic trends and
behaviors in the people.  This dates back to the medieval period.

Yesterday I was walking my friend's dogs in the morning. long
before the sun had really risen very far and the day had indicated
that it would be a scorcher.  One of the old women along the
street I live on stopped and petted the dogs and commented
on the wind, which she identified as a 'mistral.'  I asked her what
that meant, and she said something to the effect of "edginess in
the people, carelessness, and danger."   As she was walking
off I said, "Danger?"  Without turning around, she said, "Fire."

I didn't think that much about it until later when, sitting with my
laptop in a cafe, I looked up and saw smoke on the horizon.
Turns out there was a forest fire just over the mountains in the
next town, set by careless hikers.  Burned 21 hectares.  They
had to call in hundreds of firefighters and those bombers that
drop fire-retardant from the air.

Go figure.