The current discussion threads of free will on FFL began with
tartbrain's post of a portion of a blog article by Sam Harris. Harris
has added an additional post on his blog as the response to what he
wrote was somewhat intense. He wrote:

   'My last post on free will elicited a very heated response. Many
readers sent emails questioning my sanity, and several asked to be
permanently removed from my mailing list. Many others wrote to share the
Good News that quantum mechanics has liberated the human mind from the
prison of determinism. It seems I touched a nerve. '

The additional material he wrote in defense of his position may be found
at:

http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/free-will-why-you-still-dont-have-it/
<http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/free-will-why-you-still-dont-have-it\
/>

This message has been brought to you by unconscious brain activity that
has just surfaced as conscious thought and action.