On 06/08/2011 06:01 AM, WillyTex wrote:

>>> Is anybody else on an organic diet and if so,
>>> where do you procure your foodstuffs? I'm
>>> pretty sure I'd die if I couldn't eat organic
>>> brown rice every day.
>>>
> Bhairitu:
>> Bad news for ya Willy: "Whole Foods admits its
>> organic foods contain genetically modified
>> ingredients"
>>
> Not all of Whole Foods oraganics are modified,
> but compared to what you're getting at your
> local Safeway, it's pretty organic!

I don't shop Safeway.  Not into the "card" thang.  The closest grocer is
a Knob Hill which is a Bay Area chain and they have an organic section
which I keep an eye on because sometimes those prices will be the same
or even less than their usual produce.  They also have an "organic" line
of packaged foods.  And no card either.

Whole Foods is too far away but I also usually make it to Trader Joe's
once a week.

For organic veggies I usually get them at the farmer's market.  Good
prices too.  And no card either. :-D