> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" steve.sundur@
wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "WillyTex" <willytex@> wrote:
> > >
> > > seventhray1:
> > >
> > > It's got the quality, but the story may be too simple.
> > > But, it's not any more simple than 'Raiders'. Up in
> > > Austin, Harry thinks SUPER 8 is pretty damn super!
> > > Maybe you're too old to appreciate the kids. LoL!
> >
> > Maybe you're right. I guess you have to approach the
> > movie with more of an "artistic' outlook. To understand,
> > as Harry puts it, how cool this era is. Ignore, ( what
> > I feel) are the lame plot, the tired roles, the
> > predictability, the CG overkill, and instead focus on
> > the nuances of this period. How the producers have
> > created a brilliant film, if you don't mind being bored
> > stiff, and can just appreciate their "artistic brilliance."
> > I just wish there was some way for me to get my $24.00
> > back.
>
> Excellent review, one that synchronistically catches
> me watching it at home, for free. Pirate. :-)
Makes sense.  I'm embarrassed to say that it's the second burn in a row.
A couple weeks ago, we saw Thor.  I did no preliminary research, and
went on the spur of the moment.  Bad move IMO.  My wife keeps
recommending the Woody Allen movie, and as in most instances her
recommendations are right.  So maybe we'll check it out.