> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > > My contention is that a reason for this is that Curtis
> > > is allowing the feud to resurface, and even *enabling*
> > > it to do so by allowing himself to be sucked in to
> > > Judy's "gotta get Barry" obsession. My contention is
> > > that Curtis -- as much as I like him -- is allowing
> > > himself to be a codependent enabler.

You couldn't make this stuff up, folks. Barry's
a walking case history of projection, which is,
according to Wikipedia, "a psychological defense
mechanism where a person unconsciously denies his
or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions,
which are then ascribed to the outside world,
usually to other people."

What follows, and what preceded it, is a classic
case of projection.

> > I think you got an important thing wrong here. Although I
> > don't want to get in the middle of the feud, I don't care
> > if you guys keep it up.
>
> As I said, Curtis, a feud is only a feud if more
> than one person is participating in it. If only
> one is, it's clearly a one-sided obsession.
>
> What I wrote was not to you solely but to a number
> of people on this forum who have, in the past, said
> that they didn't like the feud mentality and that
> they wished it would stop. However, my impression
> was that almost every time the subject of "Barry
> and how evil he is" was interjected into a conver-
> sation that had previously had nothing to do with
> him, they couldn't resist chiming in,

That "impression" is not of anything that has
actually happened on FFL. It's a product of Barry's
out-of-control fantasy life.

I do once in a while mention Barry in passing in a
conversation that had nothing to do with him, but
it's rare; and it's virtually always an observation
related to something in that conversation, e.g.,
Barry as an example of whatever is being discussed,
or something he said that's relevant to the
discussion. But the "chiming in" part happens only
in Barry's obsessed imagination. The kinds of
observations I make don't invite chiming in and
don't elicit it.

 thus giving
> the person who interjected the irrelevant topic
> the opportunity to go on and on about it. Which
> was, in my opinion, the point of interjecting it.

Also pure fantasy.

What started Barry off on this kick was a discussion
Curtis and I had a few days ago concerning Curtis's
refusal to criticize Barry when he tells lies about
me and others, even when the lies are in posts
addressed directly to Curtis. This is a beef I've
had with Curtis for quite some time, and we've had
a number of exchanges about it in the past.

The supreme irony is that what instigated this
discussion--wait for it!--was *Barry* interjecting
"Judy and how evil she is" into a post to Curtis--

--EXACTLY what Barry falsely accuses me of doing in
his current post.

Did he really think I wouldn't point this out? Or did
he simply wipe the earlier post from his memory so
he genuinely doesn't realize he's projecting his own
rotten behavior onto me?

The further irony is that in his exchange with me,
Curtis *stood on his head* to defend Barry. And the
thanks he gets? Barry accuses Curtis of being an
"enabler."

Some friend.