Now *this* is the quality of "call and response" I miss on Fairfield
Life.

Rick had every opportunity to overreact to this post, and to get all
defensive or even abrasive in his response. And yet that didn't happen.
The fact that it didn't speaks IMO to the concept of "spiritual
maturity"
on both sides of the conversation.

Would that this level of exchange were more common.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@...> wrote:

> Can’t argue with you. your perspective is well-thought-out and
well-written. Mine is that I know folks who see Amma or even live in her
ashram who span a wide range of personal and spiritual maturity. Some
are quite cultish in their thinking and behavior, some quite
independent. On the whole though, I’ve always been impressed with
the caliber and “vibe” of the people around Amma.
Maharishi used to say that you can tell the quality of a teacher by the
quality of his/her followers, and from my perspective, Amma’s
followers are evidence of a benign teacher. The young people who have
been hanging with her seem to be turning out very well â€" bright,
sincere, drug-free, and Amma steers them into higher education. I doubt
that there is a spiritual movement on earth that doesn’t have its
disgruntled deserters. I agree with your comment about Sai Baba. I
don’t know whether or why Amma said what she is reported to have
said about him, but if she did, IMO she was wrong. But that’s
just my opinion. YMMV.