> on 8/6/05 12:35 PM, Rory Goff at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Of course. Finding the "serial killer" in yourself will bring
that
> > portion into full consciousness, removing its ability to "run"
you
> > through your unconscious. It will have become integrated, healed,
> > made whole. You not only will cease entertaining that previously-
> > denied portion in a non-life-supporting manner; you will
probably be
> > finding yourself consciously atoning for the acts which that
denied
> > portion of yourself had done.
> >
> > Often, a self-righteous judgement is a clue that we are
projecting
> > some denied portion of Life outside ourselves so we can safely
> > condemn it. IMO this is what Jesus meant when saying "Judge not,
> > lest ye be judged." In the deepest sense, when we judge we are
> > *always* judging ourselves. This keeps perpetuating the karma of
dis-
> > integration, for essentially whatever we judge we later find
> > ourselves acting out, so we can understand it from the inside.
>
> Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure I'm capable of doing the things
I've
> criticized Maharishi for doing. One question. Is there a way of
being
> non-judgmentally judgmental? What if you're a professional judge,
and a
> Byron Katie student? It's your job to judge and sentence people.
You can't
> just sit there all day say, "Oh yeah, I can see this guy's faults
in
> myself."

If you can, you will perhaps be a better judge :-)

A judge's job is to judge -- he will probably be more just if he
acts from Wisdom and Understanding, rather than from self-righteous,
holier-than-thou denial. Actions have consequences; crime evokes
punishment or ideally atonement. One who administers the judgement
and sentencing can do so in compassion as well as (genuine)
righteousness.