--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@> wrote:
> >
> > On Jun 24, 2011, at 1:10 PM, sparaig wrote:
> >
> > --- I
> > >
> > > n FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@> wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >>>

> > > So, what would you say to this Catholic Priest who teaches TM to children?
> >
> > Are they his children?  If so, I'd say, "Right on!"
> > There's got to be some normal ones out there.
> >
> > Sal
>
> RESPONSE: I may have misconstrued your comment here, salsunshine, but I am
> getting a little worried about how many times I have to point out that I
> reaching into my irony survival kit.

Actually, my comments above were in response to Lawson's
question about the priest.  But as long as I have you on
the phone, MZ...as far as you're being the Don Quixote of
FFL~~well, I'm afraid there's a few that got there before
you.  But hey, there's lots of windmills to tilt at.  So
welcome aboard.

I was doing this here. Therefore, any question that is being (ingenuously)
asked of me based upon what you have quoted, is misplaced. I am mocking the
assumption that I aim to judge or teach or convert anyone. Because that is not
what I am about at all.

Duly noted.

 In order to continue in the ordeal and miracle of being alive in my
self-consciousness I find I have to respond to people according to what keeps
the show on the road. Certain bloggers here seem to believe I am out to
persuade or convince them that I am right and everyone else is wrong. That's
not it at all. I am just defending my own belief system and subjecting
it—deliberately—to the test of being challenged by ideas and beliefs that are
different from my own.

Great.  In that case you're in the right place.

> I always have a sense of balancing between two poles: utmost sincerity,
> all-purpose irony.

I would personally suggest leaning more towards the
irony side, but maybe that's just me.

As I have said in a previous post, in this post-modern world you have to have
both these things going for you simultaneously. If I didn't, I would't dream of
taking on the bright, earnest, and serious (and sometimes hilarious) persons
who post on this blog.

Yes, well, you have to actually post here for a week or 2 in
order for us to decide if your sincerity level is up to par.
Utmost may not be quite good enough.  But we'll decide all that in
our next meeting of the Supreme Council of FFL.

Sal