MZ,it seems to me all intellectual systems fall short of direct experience in
revealing the TRUTH(e.g Summa Theologiae).Apparently Thomas Aquinas thought so.

The Summa Theologiae, his last and, unfortunately, uncompleted work, deals with
the whole of Catholic theology. He stopped work on it after celebrating Mass on
December 6, 1273. When asked why he stopped writing, he replied, "I cannot go
on.... All that I have written seems to me like so much straw compared to what
I have seen and what has been revealed to me." He died March 7, 1274.