Yeah, though the heavy metal poisoning of ayurvedic medicine is different from
this psychedelic central nervous system damage like of ayahuasca.  Either way
it points to the razor's edge of sound mental-health bio-chemistry.

The folks that got metal poisoned neurologically are getting kelated
allopathically at some clinics nearby here in the US.   Don't know how it is
turning out for them individually.  There are some old cases around town of
people who chowed down faithfully and proly in some excess with access to the
old ayurvedic products from India that have manifest neurological diseases.
They are notable also because of their old prominence within TM.  But that was
a self-inflicted metal poisoning for having taken those products.

Yet, the ayahausca problem is of a different kind and evidently becoming
new-age trendy now.  It's sad in a different way from metals poisoning when you
run across ayahausca toxicity.  It's very un-spiritual.