> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I'm
> > sure

> > quest
> > us.

> > presented
> > different,
> > > and
> > > the
> > that

> > and
> > their
> > > sitting
> > >
> > > How many kids have you raised?
> >
> > I am raising my daughter (14) if that's what you mean. The point
> > being that there must be a balance to raise a child properly and
> > give them loving and good guidance. If I was always following my
> > child's lead, she wouldn't like it much, nor would I. To avoid
> > sharing wisdom with someone is absurd, unless you have none to
> share.
>
> A 14-year-old is basically an immature adult. BIIIG difference
> between 14 and, say, 4. If you deal with a 4 year old as though
> they're an adult, they may well not have a clue what you're
talking
> about, NOT because they don't have the life-experiences to
related,
> but because they don't have the processing ability to grasp the
> concepts.

I don't deal with my 14 year old as if she is an adult, nor did I
deal with her as such when she was 4. When she was 4 I dealt with
her as a 4 year old. Now I deal with her as a 14 year old. Age
appropriate. I was discussing relative states of wisdom, and the
responsibility we have to help others when we are aware of something
they may not be.

Another example: When I want to find out what is wrong with my car,
I ask a mechanic, not the guy that delivers my newspaper. And if the
mechanic is doing his job, he tells me what is wrong with my car.

Two things must occur if my car is to be fixed. One I must trust him
and his knowledge, and two, he must honestly tell me what is wrong.