On Jul 13, 2011, at 5:16 PM, William Parkinson wrote:

> Vaj, as I understand it, the TM people don't make hay from the mere presence
> of alpha waves, but rather from alpha coherence, which is wide spread over
> the various lobes. Is that not correct? Am I missing something here? Someone
> correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, you're right. I remember being wowed by that alpha coherence. Gawd, it
sounded great to me. My brain was becoming more laser-like with each
meditation. I'd be mind-melding in no time.

Of course, it was years later till I found out that the level of alpha
coherence found in TMers wasn't any different from Joe or Jane Doe tamasic
non-meditator. In fact, I was surprised to find there wasn't any unique "fourth
state EEG signature" at all. It was all regular waking-dreaming-sleeping EEG
patterns. WTF?

Then we began to see a unique fourth state of EEG in advanced, long-term
meditators. Strangely both Patanjali yogins and Buddhist yogins had the same
EEG signature! WTF?