> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius" <anartaxius@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Turqoiseb said something really interesting: 'On the
> > other hand, I thrive on cognitive dissonance; it defines
> > for me some of the highest, most profound moments of my
> > life. I actually seek it, as much as I seek anything.'
> >
> > I wonder if he might expand on this idea. Surely he
> > thrives in trying to create the experience of cognitive
> > dissonance for others, at which he is quite good, but what
> > would be his reason for seeking it out? It is normally
> > not natural to seek out discomfort.
>
> There is nothing inherent in the experience of
> cognitive dissonance that causes discomfort. It's
> how you react to it.
<snip>

Cognitive dissonance disappears with self realization. or put another way, we
are so deeply immersed in what we used to think of as cognitive dissonance that
it becomes the norm. We have reached the point where we know absolutely nothing.

Cognitive dissonance is the experience of the small ego, of experiencing the
world as it is, vs. as the ego thinks and feels it should be. This creates a
feeling of being boundless and rootless and may provide a taste within the
small ego's context of living transcendence.

Once the ego merges into its universal nature, there is no more comparison
between 'is' and 'should be', so cognitive dissonance as an experience isn't
possible. Everything is accepted and dealt with as it is. Not to say that leads
to a flattening of experience. Just the opposite. Everything is a surprise, and
yet not outside the familiarity of one's universal self.